Thursday, February 11, 2016

About password requests

Well, since 90% of all comments we had in months are about asking for the models password for editing them or whatever, let's talk about it.

We have no effing "need for propriety", my friends. We put passwords on a model because it takes hours of work to do, then comes some smartbun and simply edits the models (generally mess them), delete all credits and spills it on the internet to show HIS "exceptional work of art". I've found a russian papercraft site with tons of our models without passwords; they use a crack to rip the pw's from the archive. The crack is also a trojan, and like all cracks with trojans it's a fair pay. At least most of them left our credits intact. Some just deleted them.

BUT ... a lot of people just want to resize the thing to build it their own way. It's cool to have that sword on the wall, that helmet worn in some RPG Con... Given that three factors:

1) People want to resize the models the way they want because they love WoW and this kind of art as much as we do;

2) If someone wants to do things the rogue way they will do and use whatever crap necessary to achieve it. Passwords are a weak way to preserve someone's works nowadays.

3) Keep in mind that ALL material presented here belongs to Blizzard Entertainment. Blizz encourages all kinds of fanart since you don't try to make money on their work. If you do, someday you can have a happy hour in a court, you know how big companies are, do you? Everything in this site is free because of that. It does not belong to anyone of us, I mean, you all and/or me.

Then I'm giving you the passwords for almost all models here, do what you want with them and have fun. But I'll ask you just a little favor: If you modify the models, please DELETE our credits from the archive. If you want to repost it without modifications, please KEEP our credits. Not because we "think we have some propriety to be preserved", it's just for being nice to the nerds who did the pepakura projects for all to have fun :)

Password for old models, most of them made by PMF is: world
Password for newer models, most of them made by me is: tavernadobarbaro

Some models posted here were made by other people (as the night elf huntress) so if any of them are PW-protected, those are beyond our knowledge, sorry.

AND IF you just want to print and build something as it is, and it asks for a password so you can't open it, you're using the wrong software. You should open it in PEPAKURA VIEWER and not DESIGNER wich is made for editing.

Well, have fun. I have some models waiting to be posted but not a lot of free time...but no new model will be pass-protected anymore so I think the problem ends here. See ya on the Broken Isles soon! :D

8 comments:

Skorm said...

wow, this is just amazing, ammm can u re-do Ashbringer whit the new legion model?? or maybe the Swords of the fallen prince?? or tori´dal the star´s fury?? or thunderfury? or sulfuras? or atiesh? or? or?
shit i love u
marry me
or can yu do the grat staff of the sin´dorei?

Unknown said...

I just wanted to thank you for this- just trying to resize Titansteel Destroyer to show my BF that I'm not crazy and PAPER can make some really cool weapons (relatively cheaply) for costumes- three kids, and two adults that act like kids, Halloween gets expensive!
So THANK YOU SO MUCH for clarifying passwords that may or may not work with some of these files <3
PS- amazing work! I've never tried to model or unfold anything, but I assume there's much patience and time required. So THANK YOU =D
Very excited to sift through your work here and see any other WoW armor... I've done the Master Chief already, I want some killer WoW gear :D
Thank you again!

Barbarian said...

@Michelle TYVM!! I'm happy to know your whole family loves what we do. That's really WHY we do it. It takes a lot of time to do indeed, but I feel greatly rewarded. My best wishes for your family, have fun!!!!

@Pablo: Legion models incoming as soon as Suramar calms down a little.

Unknown said...

How do I post some of my Warcraft PDO's here?

Unknown said...

Hello
I have Emailed you a few new models,one of which is from Legion. But I have not seen them posted yet. Did you not receive them?I sent them to 2 of the Email addresses you have listed.Please let me know if you di not get them and I would be happy to resend them. Signed Harlan Browning

Barbarian said...

Sorry for answering you so late. I will post them today. Thanks a lot!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a real relief that you finaly release the passwords. Nothing angers me more than protected models, when I want to edit them or improve texture or even fix dummy unfold so I can do papercraft in adequate quality. (not to mention papercrafts where the author is untrackable) This was very good step and I bow to you for that.

Morell Yeneldar said...

Hello friends, check my DA page, I've unfolded few lovely wow swords, including Felo'melorn optimalised for papercrafing. (I got some experience with this optimalisation, so I can help you with it)
If you want, you can contact me, I love creating wow papercrafts.
http://morellagrysis.deviantart.com/